The right choice
Denagard® is trusted and has been proven to help treat and prevent swine dysentery, a commonly diagnosed enteric disease of pigs and the cause of severe economic losses worldwide.
Enteric diseases can cause pain and distress in animals, reducing productivity and profitability. Denagard is a proven antibiotic for treatment and/or prevention of swine dysentery associated with Brachyspira (Serpulina) hyodysenteriae.
- Tiamulin, the active ingredient in Denagard, effectively inhibits the bacterial activity of B. hyodysenteriae
- After administration, Denagard is widely distributed through the body tissues reaching high concentrations in target organs, particularly in the lung and colon
- Denagard reaches higher tissue levels than the minimum inhibitory concentrations (MICs) of several known swine pathogens
- Reaches high lung concentrations two hours after administration
- Denagard has been the right choice for pork producers worldwide for over thirty years
- Preventing and treating swine dysentery may help increase daily weight gain and improve feed conversion
- Premix formulation reduces dustiness and ensures consistent mixing in finished feed
- Available in three convenient forms
- The medicated premix can be used for treatment and prevention of swine dysentery
- The liquid concentrate is suitable for treating pigs that are off their feed
- The injectable is the option of choice for treating acute, life-threatening situations
Directions For Use
Determine the weight of the pig to be treated and administer 11 mg tiamulin per kilogram body weight intramuscularly, once daily. (Each milliliter of Denagard contains 100 mg tiamulin). Do this until clinical signs have disappeared or for a maximum of four days. Use a different injection site each day. Do not inject more than 10 mL of antibiotic at one site.
Administer Denagard in the drinking water of swine continuously for five days at a level that allows the pigs to receive 6.2 mg/kg body weight of tiamulin per day. Denagard should not be given to sows during four weeks after service. Prepare fresh medicated drinking water daily.
Thoroughly mix Denagard Premix into complete nonmedicated swine feed for the treatment or for the prevention of swine dysentery at the rates per metric tonne (1,000 kg) of feed as shown in the table below.
|Indications||Tiamulin Base Use Level||Amount of Denagard Premix per tonne of feed||Duration of feeding|
|Treatment of swine dysentry||178.1 g/tonne||10.0 kg/tonne||14 days|
|Prevention of swine dystentry||31.2 g/tonne||1.75 kg/tonne||Continuously during risk period|
Denagard injection is available in a 250 mL vial; 12 vials per case.
Denagard liquid concentrate is available in a 946 mL bottle; six bottles per case.
Denagard medicated premix is available in a 15 kg bag.